Wollongong restaurant offers: things to know before you go
When you're planning to use vouchers at one of the restaurants in Wollongong consider the following things first.
Where are the best restaurants in Wollongong?
This small seaside city is buzzing with different cuisines, from restaurants in Shellharbour to the centre of Wollongong – here are some of the top-rated restaurants:
- Fuji Yama restaurant. Indulge in a five-course Asian banquet with delicious dim sum and sweet satay chicken. Make the most of deals for up to six people, for a special occasion.
- Panorama House. Enjoy beautiful, sweeping views of the south coast that you can easily soak up during the all-you-can eat buffet on offer. Top-rated by our customers, you won't go home hungry, that's for sure.
- Harbourfront restaurant. Grab the fish of the day while taking in views of the harbour and savour the award-winning menus at this stunning seafood restaurant.
- Northbeach Bar. The ideal seafront pizza joint, it's perfect for cheesy slices to share with friends and family from the wood fired oven, whether as a quick snack or filling meal.
Are there any restaurants in Wollongong open on Christmas Day?
Wollongong won't let you go hungry on Christmas Day. If the oven's given up or you're treating the family to Christmas dinner out and away from the BBQ, here are some restaurants where you can enjoy the festivities stress-free:
- Lagoon Restaurant is both award-winning and beachside. Seafood is the main focus, although they serve up an extra-special festive Christmas menu for adults and kids too.
- Altitude 1148 offer a three-course Christmas menu for all the family. And in case you didn't guess by the name, you'll get breathtaking views from the top as well.
- Sutton Forest Meat and Wine will bring the meat to you if you still fancy cooking food fresh on the Barbie but don't want to deal with the prep. Pre-order your Christmas meat and get it delivered straight to your door.
How many restaurants are there in Wollongong?
Wollongong is home to over 30 top restaurants to try. Delicious seafood is the local specialty, so if you're looking for the best restaurants, head to the harbour side for the catch of the day.
If you fancy something a little spicier, then Asian food is up there, with Thai cuisine a neighbourhood favourite. Then there's the Italian community, which makes it easy to find a steaming bowl of pasta or authentic pizza. Whether you want luxury or budget friendly options with cheap restaurants, Wollongong caters to all desires.
Does Wollongong have any local dishes?
It's not hard to tantalise the taste buds in Wollongong. Home to over 80 different cultural groups, the city has grown into a hub of international cuisine. While they don't have many specific local dishes, some of the most popular meals have become adopted favourites.
- Seafood is a no brainer in Wollongong. You can't go wrong at any seafood restaurant in the city as they're all freshly supplied by top fishmongers Harbour Side Fish Market and Harley & John's Seafood.
- Italian is a particular favourite of the town with top eateries like Kneading Ruby, Da Orlando and Pizza Tree.
- Asian restaurants are a tempting treat in Wollongong, with Thai and Chinese the most popular. Pick up your chopsticks at Pai-Tong, or dine out at Smile Sit Thai Cuisine.