Hairdresser Deals in Sydney: things to know before you go
Before you sit down in the chair to get your new style journey underway, we've compiled a list of our most commonly asked questions to give you the lowdown.
What services do Sydney hairdressers provide?
Sydney is a city where style matters, which means it's a hotspot for hairdressers, with salons all over the city serving up cutting-edge styles. From cuts to colour, here's just a taste of the full menu of services the Emerald City provides:
- Haircut: Get a wash, cut and blow-dry anywhere in the city and give your dull locks a new lease of life.
- Colour and highlights: From beachy balayage to unicorn-themed dye, you'll find colour treatments of all kinds across Sydney's top hairdressers.
- Hair Straightening: Say goodbye to pesky frizz and hello to smooth, beach ready locks with Japanese and Brazilian hair straightening treatments in the city.
- Children's haircuts: From getting them to sit still to finding a salon that caters for the littles ones, booking your child in for a haircut can be tricky. Luckily, Sydney is home to some great little places that cater for kids.
Which hairstyles are most popular in Sydney?
Sydney is a city brimming with innovation, so having the trendiest hairstyle is key to keeping up with the fast-paced lifestyle.
According to Byrdie, stylists all across Australia are backing the lob as the country's most popular haircut, matched with a centre parting and a messy finish.
However, if you're looking to break free of the norm, Marie Claire's favourite hairstyles include the long pixie cut, mid-length waves, sleek and straight locks and curtain bangs.
Which are the best hairdressers in Sydney?
Sydney has become quite the focus for hairdressers, so when it comes to choosing the best salon, it's no easy task. Luckily, we've done the hard work for you with these top choices:
- Felice Hair offers all types of hair treatments, from a simple cut and style to balayage and a full head of colour. With glowing reviews from our customers, you can rest assured that your hair is in the best hands here.
- Mr. Burrows Hair in Newton is one of Sydney's more unique venues, as renowned for its cheese boards as it is for its hair treatment. It's rated highly for colour, with one of Sydney's best colourists in the house.
- Head Spa will leave your hair silky smooth with top-rated Brazilian Keratin treatments. Say goodbye to dodging the rain or picking up the ironing tongs with this city pitstop.
- Paloma is an award-winning salon, so you can trust your hair will be cut by top-notch stylists who have also graced celebrity locks. The salon caters for busy city dwellers with express blow-dries and 20-minute re-styles, ideal for swinging by on your lunch break.
Where can I find male hairdressers in Sydney?
Whether you fancy a quick trip to the barbers, or you're after something a little more luxurious, these hairdressers specialise in men's hair:
- Absolute Hair Design offers cut and colour for guys, with all hair types welcome.
- Men's Biz is one of the trendiest barber's in the city. Whether you're looking for some slick grooming, or your pompadour needs a trim, this salon is worth the trip.
- Vanquish Hair & Beauty is nestled in the city centre, ideal for whizzing to after work. With both men's cut and colour treatments available and 30 years experience in the world of styling, you'll be in capable hands.
- Hawleywood is the barbers to visit if you're something a little out there, such as a mohawk. Classic styles are part of their remit too, with traditional straight-razor shaves on offer.