Vouchers for nail salons in Sydney: things to know before you go
Before you book your next treatment, find out all the ins and outs of booking your appointment and what to expect from treatments at nail salons in Sydney.
What types of nail treatments are available in Sydney?
We like to be hands on with our recommendations and Sydney is brimming with all sorts of nail treatments to indulge in. Some popular options include:
- Shellac manicure at Candy Tang Beauty or The Nail Lounge will take your nails to a whole new level. A chip-free manicure will last up to three weeks on your fingers or toes – perfect for pre-holiday pampering.
- Nail dipping is the next best thing to gels. It's called an SNS manicure and involves dipping your nails into powder pots, which means there's zero liquid and no drying time required. Book this nail treatment at LV Nails or Belle Moi Nails.
- Nail Art at The Nail Lab Sydney will leave you with nails so pretty you'll be doing your jazz hands at every opportunity. Get basic art or design your own and have it applied in just 30 minutes.
- A classic manicure involves having your nails scrubbed, smoothed, filed and shaped, followed by a splash of polish for a classic manicure or pedicure.
- A mani-pedi is ideal for those real TLC days. Book one at Nrj Love Beauty and enjoy silky smooth feet and hands with gel or classic polish.
How much do acrylic nails cost?
Acrylic nails can cost up to $60, which is steep if you're looking to do this on a regular basis as part of your beauty routine. However, with our fantastic cheap nail salon deals in Sydney, you could be getting a full set of nails for much less, whether you're looking for a manicure, a pedicure or both. We've nailed the offers down so you can indulge without the guilt.
What are Calgel nails?
Calgel nails are similar to shellac manicures and comparing the difference between them is like Coca Cola and Pepsi, with only small differences that set them apart. If you're looking for cheap calgel nails in Sydney, here's everything you need to know:
- Gel – It's a gel nail polish too, which is long lasting and set under a UV lamp.
- Speedy – Calgel nail polish is faster to remove. This stage can be quite long with other gels, especially shellac.
- Good for your nails – Calgel nails are better for your nails as they don't need traditional base or primer, which is the corrosive part. Instead, a non-acid primer is used.
- Colourful – About 140 colours are available, which is more than double what you get with shellac. We all know how long it can take to choose with even 60 colours, so good luck deciding.
What are the trendiest types of nail design?
Mosaic nails are all the range, with glitter cuticles a chic and subtle alternative. Match your swimwear with some two-tone colour, or just go straight up simple with glossy block colour.
From red carpet manicures to cool nail art, your hands can be trendy too. Whether it's bedazzled or crackled, French tips or half-moons, you'll be able to get elegant nail art for less at a wide range of fantastic nail salons in Sydney.