Spa deals in Sydney: things to know before you go
Before you book your favourite spa package, here's everything you need to know, from the types of treatment on offer to the costs.
What is spa therapy?
When we think about a day at the spa, our minds instantly wander to the soft music, fluffy robes and essential oils awaiting us. But what does it mean when we hear the term spa therapy?
Spa therapy refers to all of the wellness treatments available at a spa, from a relaxing massage to a revitalising facial. Here's a few of our top deals offering spa therapy:
- Enjoy spa therapy with a difference at The Salt Therapy Centre in Newcastle. This spa can help with any niggling respiratory problems and boost your wellbeing - all you have to do is sit back in a salt cave and allow the smells to relax and revitalise you.
- Indulge in a five-star spa package at The Shangri-la Hotel, where you'll have access to a full suite of services and amenities for an entire day brimming with relaxation and recuperation. After your massage and facial, take a dip in the pool or relax in the Jacuzzi to complete your day of relaxation.
What's included in a spa package?
All spa packages vary depending on the type of treatments and facilities the venue offers. Whether it's a specific treatment you're after or you just want to chill by the pool with your closest friends, glass of bubbles in hand, our spa package deals in Sydney offer it all. Here are just a few you can dip your toes into:
- Varda Spa offers a spa escape package, which includes various one-hour treatments that you can tweak and change depending on what you fancy. Choose to add a relaxing head massage or foot spa for even more relaxation.
- Spa & Sport at Swissotel Sydney has packages for up to two people, where you can indulge in a treatment or two, from aroma body and neck massages to nourishing facials, all followed by a glass of bubbly. If all that pampering isn't enough, you can then make use of the spa facilities for the rest of the day too.
- Amora Spa has a wide range of spa experiences to enjoy solo or in a pair, with a range of 30-minute treatments included, as well as sweet treats, tea and bubbles. Time to well and truly put your feet up and let your mind relax.
How much do spas in Sydney tend to cost?
Spa packages can cost anywhere from $80 to $800, depending on the spa and the type of treatments you're after. The great thing about a spa day is the treatments can be bundled together, when they might individually cost a lot more.
So, if you're done with the daily grind and just want to throw in the towel for the day, discover our spa packages and indulge in a range of treatments for less.
Can I get afternoon tea with spa treatment in Sydney?
Why not enjoy a scone or two after being scrubbed, plumped and massaged? Lots of spas in Sydney offer a range of delicious treats to indulge in alongside pampering sessions, while many spa hotels offer a full afternoon tea after you've been preened. Here's just a few to get you started:
- Tanatcha Spa: Head into the bar in your robe and slippers and kick back with a cup of relaxing Thai tea to end your day the right way.
- The Langham Hotel: Indulge in this underground wellness retreat and relax with a glass of bubbly or dive into a full traditional afternoon tea.
- The Spa at Park Hyatt Sydney: Grab a spa package at this central Sydney spa hotel and enjoy a light lunch and fizz to accompany your day of relaxing.