Offers on classes in Melbourne: things to know before you go
With so many great deals to choose from, you might want to snap up your favourite class right away. But make sure you check out these answers to questions we're commonly asked beforehand, so you're all prepared before booking.
What kinds of dance classes can I find in Melbourne?
Whether you're after a fitness-boosting dance class like Zumba or a classic style you can flaunt to friends, Melbourne classes cover all the options under the sun.
Here's just some of the dance classes you can try:
- Ballet – at Freedom Dance Studio you'll be able to learn that perfect pirouette in no time.
- Ballroom and Latin – fancy wowing a loved one with a waltz or trying out your best tango? Cheap ballroom and Latin dance classes at Peninsula Ballroom can make that happen.
- Salsa – get those hips moving as you sashay across the floor with salsa dance class discounts at Loco Mojo Dance.
If you want to work up a sweat, Melbourne's home to plenty of Zumba, dance and fitness, pole dance, aerial yoga and hoops classes. Forget the gym – it's surprising how much fun getting fit can be when you're dancing.
How much do driving lessons cost in Melbourne?
For regular driving lessons, you can expect to pay around $360 for six lessons to get you started on the road. With Groupon you can find driving lessons for cheap in Melbourne, usually that cover your first few sessions. If you're looking for something a little more advanced, book an affordable, thrills and spills guaranteed driving experience at Rally Drive for just $125.
What types of cookery classes can I take?
Melbourne's dining scene is influenced by cuisines from across the world – blending and adapting recipes from Europe, South America and Asia. From French to Italian cooking classes, Melbourne has a diverse range available where you can pick up some new skills and recipes, including:
- Holaconlola – learn how to cook up Spanish specialties and prepare a Peruvian feast. What's more, this venue is close to Bloom College, one of the best florist classes in central Melbourne. So you can cook while learning how to dress a table immaculately too!
- Luv-a-duck – discover how to make the most delicious Asian dishes with a group cooking class in Port Melbourne.
- The Olive Tree Cooking School – here you can really impress friends with your European Macaron skills after a session learning how to create these delicate delicacies.
- La Cucina di Sandra - take an Italian cooking class in south east Melbourne at this cookery school and learn how to make traditional pasta and seafood dishes.
Which types of classes can improve my career?
Melbourne's home to many industries, making it an exciting place to carve out a career. With cheap classes available at Groupon, these skills-based courses can make a huge difference to your resume – and won't set you back much financially. Check out:
- First aid classes. CPR training classes, or First Aid classes are always beneficial to have in any work environment, from a busy office to a building site. Plus it's also super impressive to have the skills to save a life.
- Languages. The ability to speak more than one language is a valuable skill in the business world. With tons of language classes deals in Melbourne you can pick up a new language in no time.
- Driving lessons. In Melbourne, driving lessons classes are relatively cheap compared to other locations. Having a licence opens up way more career options, as you'll be able to visit clients more easily and explore career prospects further afield.