Perth photography offers: things to know before you go
Before you get ready for the “lights, camera, action”, here's everything you need to know about finding a deal for photography in Perth.
What kind of photography can I get in Perth?
Get ready to strike a pose, as Perth is full of great freelance photographers. Here's a snapshot of what you can get in the city:
- New born: Trying to create your own photoshoot at home in between feeding and nappy changing is virtually impossible. Instead, grab a deal from Viva Life Photography and take home a beautiful photograph of your new arrival. Better yet, with printing credit included, you can get extras for the whole family to cherish.
- Family: Capture those special family moments on camera at Zest Photography, a top-rated studio for family, couples and individuals. Their fun packages include makeovers if you want to look the part.
- Pets: Keeping your puppy still for a photo is a challenge, so it's best to enlist the help of the experts. Bring your furry friends along to Image studio and enjoy a photoshoot to remember your furry friend forever.
How long does a photo shoot last?
Photoshoots can last anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 hours, depending on what's being snapped and how many photos you want. With our Perth photography deals you can expect to be saying cheese for at least an hour, but with the savings you'll be making, that smile will be all too easy.
How should I prepare for a photo shoot?
Photos are memories you can treasure forever, so preparing for a photoshoot is key. Here's a few top tips for gleaming results:
- Glad rags: Think about what you'd like to wear well in advance. If you're preparing for fun family photos, then it can be nice to make sure your outfits coordinate. Choose colours wisely, something that suits your complexion will photograph well and leave you with photographs you're proud of. A little practice catwalk wouldn't go amiss either.
Top tip: Stay away from print designs in your outfit. It's also a good idea to bring along alternative outfits, just in case you want to make a last-minute change.
- Props: Bring any props you'd like to include in the photo shoot such as hats or toys.
- No bad hair day: Remember to run a comb through your mane before you arrive, and bring hair ties, hair spray, gel, or anything that might help keep it in place for the cameras.
Where can I learn photography in Perth?
If you're keen to master the art of photography, but don't have a clue where to start in getting behind the camera, there are plenty of photography class dotted all around Perth, whether you want to learn how to capture those treasured family moments or get a perfect snapshot of the great outdoors.
- Image Tree Training Solutions will teach you all you need to know about operating a professional camera. In just one day you'll learn about depth of field, light and shadow, exposure settings and more. Better yet, as one of our Perth photography deals, you'll have more money to put towards your own dream camera.
- Camera Club Australia holds beginner photography workshops, so don't be shy if all you know is how to click the button. Book a class with up to three friends so you can have fun learning together and you'll be snapping up professional photos in no time.
- Venture Photography offers classes for all levels of photographers, whether you're just starting out or perfecting your skills.