Photography deals in Sydney: things to know before you go
Ready to explore Sydney's photography deals and vouchers? Get your camera out but before you start shooting read through our frequently asked questions to get you started.
What kind of photography can I get in Sydney?
Whether you're looking for a professional who can cover your wedding or want to increase your own skills alongside like-minded amateurs with a class, you can find all sorts of photography in Sydney that meets your needs. Here's a few of our favourite photographers:
- Paul Burman Photography in Doonside specialises in wedding photography, capturing the big day's most special moments – from the morning preparations to the evening reception.
- Learn the secrets behind the lens with an introductory photography course in Alexandria. Book with a friend and master the finer points of photography.
- Capture memories with the whole family with a Sydney family photoshoot courtesy of Orpico. Available for maternity, new born and whole family photoshoots, prints are available on wood, canvas and plaques.
What type of photography is best for a wedding?
Weddings are personal occasions – and the photography style you choose should be no different. Whether you're on a budget and looking for cheap photography in Sydney or know exactly the style you desire, here are some alternative ways that your Sydney wedding photographer can help you get the most out of your wedding:
- Candid photography. Guests and the wedding party are snapped without being stopped for a posed picture. Couples like it because feels more natural and authentic.
- Photojournalistic. From the moment the bride starts getting ready to the second you're waving them out of the reception, this style aims to tell the story of the whole day using evocative imagery.
- Traditional wedding photography. For large groups and family snapshots, traditional wedding photography can be a perfect way to capture the occasion.
- Photobooth. Hiring a wedding photobooth is all the rage at weddings. Let guests gather behind the curtain and strike a pose (props optional) for their own souvenirs of your special day.
How should I prepare for a photoshoot?
Shooting on location can be difficult if you haven't prepared your equipment and scouted the area. Here's how to ensure a great external photoshoot:
- Explore the area. Visit on two different days at two different times to see how you can use the light available. Establish a shot list and try to find a new viewpoint.
- Ensure everyone knows the plan. A simple call sheet for other artists on location can help everyone get organised. Include contact details, plus a map and location details so everyone knows where they're needed.
- Pack your gear in advance. Ensure batteries are fully charged and you have more than one camera or lens to work with just in case inspiration hits.
How much does a corporate headshot generally cost?
The cost of a corporate headshot can differ greatly, but don't be afraid to invest in the best with the photography deals Sydney has to offer.
A new headshot adds more character and professionalism to your online profiles. Since so much business happens online, the right headshot can give prospective partners confidence that you're someone they want to meet. If you need to refresh your profile picture at work, speak with your manager and they may be able to subsidise the cost of a new headshot.